SSC Lifeguards are committed, respectful, and responsible for many tasks that help swimmers have a safe and enjoyable time at the pool. SSC Lifeguards are properly trained in CPR and First Aid. As safety is their number one priority, Lifeguards will be enforcing all of the pool safety rules (SSC Rules and Regulations – Section II Pool Rules).
– Rest period is mandatory and Lifeguards will clear the pool each hour on the hour. Only persons 16 or over may swim during the 15 minute rest period following the clearing of the pool. The time period will commence when the last child has left the pool. This rest period is not only to give adults an opportunity to swim, but is for the safety of our children since one of the most common cause of drowning is fatigue.
– No unnecessary conversation with or loitering around Lifeguards is allowed as Lifeguards must perform surveillance in order to provide safety at our pool.
– If an issue requires a Lifeguard’s attention, please let him or her know immediately of your concern.
Please do not hesitate to contact Terry Madge, Lifeguard Coordinator for the following:
– Praise or concern regarding SSC Lifeguards
– General questions about SSC Lifeguards
– Interest in becoming an SSC Lifeguard
We are currently looking for qualified individuals to serve as SSC Lifeguards for the 2018 season. Please contact Terry Madge, Lifeguard Coordinator directly for more information.